MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation Stuck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All!

I was just about to get MyBB on my website, but everytime I attempt to (multiple tries) it never gets passed the "Theme Insertion" step.

Does anyone have a solution? I have tried re-uploading the default files and it does not work.

Thank You.
Do you get an error message?
(2016-01-19, 01:00 PM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]Do you get an error message?

I did not. I keep trying to have it install, and I will give it another try. It is very strange that this would happen. any thoughts?

(2016-01-19, 01:00 PM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]Do you get an error message?

I have tried re-uploading and re-installing the forum and it does not work still. Freezes at theme implementation. I do not know the issue, for it gets through everything but the theme part. I do not know what is going on. It is frustrating.
How long did you wait for it to finish? Are you sure all files were uploaded properly? Did you check error log?
(2016-01-20, 12:14 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]How long did you wait for it to finish? Are you sure all files were uploaded properly? Did you check error log?
I have been waiting for about 2 hours now and still nothing. They were uploaded properly and multiple times. Are there logs for the mybb installation? I could not find any.
which type of database you are using ?
if direct help required, you may PM me temporary access to your web host panel to check it
(2016-01-20, 04:52 AM)Taleson Wrote: [ -> ]Are there logs for the mybb installation?

PHP logs all errors, not just for specific applications.. Ask your hosting if you don't know how to locate the log.
(2016-01-20, 05:51 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]which type of database you are using ?
if direct help required, you may PM me temporary access to your web host panel to check it

I might take you up on that offer. Thank you very much. I recently left it running over night and it was still stuck.
(2016-01-20, 03:05 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-20, 04:52 AM)Taleson Wrote: [ -> ]Are there logs for the mybb installation?

PHP logs all errors, not just for specific applications.. Ask your hosting if you don't know how to locate the log.
I did check my error logs, and there was no log for myBB support, or any for that matter. It only logs when something bad happens, and there hasn't been one since 9/15. This whole situation is just frustrating. I wish the hosting would just allow me to make this forum.