MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable Buddy Requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to disable the buddy request?

I want to make it that when you click Add to Buddy List, it adds the user to your buddy list without the need for the user to accept your request.
UCP -> Edit Options -> Automatically accept buddy requests (if the above checkbox is ticked, a PM is sent informing of the new buddy connection)

You can use this tutorial for the buddyrequestsauto field instead of classicpostbit: http://community.mybb.com/thread-40093.html
Oh. Wasn't aware there was this option in UCP. Thanks Destroy666.
Hey Destroy666,

So I updated the current userbase to '1' for buddyrequestauto

However any future registrations are '0' for buddyrequestauto

I tried doing the following:
I went into the structure of mybb_user and changed buddyrequestauto to a '1'
I also tried putting the following code on the registration page
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" checked="true" name="buddyrequestsauto" id="buddyrequestsauto" value="1" {$buddyrequestsautocheck} /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="buddyrequestsauto">{$lang->buddyrequestsauto}</label></span></td>
</tr>
^ try changing checked="true" to checked="checked"
Why are you adding a checkobox rather than hidden input if you want to force it? Anyways, for changing the default value everywhere, you'd have to edit inc/datahandlers/user.php. Change verify_yesno_option() for that field to 0.
Because I am noob.

Thank you. That worked.