MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: resize image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a hard time to find anything that could help me that will automatically resize the image that will be uploaded. Normally, pictures taken by my members that they upload on the site came from their smartphone. Its too large so they have to edit it so it wont load so slow when someone view it. My option is full image. I think i also tried to limit the size of the image too so i can avoid large pics that make the site loading too slow. Im losing some of my members because the topic of my sites usually they upload images. Most of them got irritated that they need to change the settings of their phone to smaller photos and choose not to post. Can anyone help to solve this? thank you
What do you mean? Attachments should be automatically resized to thumbnails in post if you didn't misconfigure ACP -> Configuration -> Attachments -> Show Attached Thumbnails in Posts. And images added with [img] tag can be resized with e.g. [img=123x123] ([img=widthxheight])
Thank you for your reply but i dont get you. I chose full size image. Everytime my members post,  i want it to be in a certain size. Some of the posters post  images that are too large that makes the site to load too slow. I am not sure if i restricted it to a certain size, but if i do that, the posters will get lazy to post because they have to resize it before they post it which additional work for the. I want it to be resized automatically. Another problem when the images is too large, when we post the link of the topic in a facebook group, it doesn't show in the thumbnail on facebook because fb doesn't show the thumbnail when the image is so large.

Thumbnail
Full Size Image
As Download Link
Attached Thumbnail Maximum Height
Enter the height that attached thumbnails should be generated at.

Attached Thumbnail Maximum Width
Enter the width that attached thumbnails should be generated at.
I tried to add this at global.css
}
.post_body img {
max-width: 80%;
}
so it became

.post_body {
font-size: 14px;
padding: 12px 0;
}
.post_body img {
max-width: 80%;
}

but nothing changed. My problem is pictures taken from mobile phone is so large by default. So when they posted the pics, its too large on the forum that makes it so slow to load and almost occupied the whole screen. Of course i cant ask them one by one to change the settings of their camera. What can i do now? This is the number one problem of my site that could make my site die if i wont able to resolve it.
Try adding the !important style to the css and see if that helps.

.post_body img {
max-width:  80% !important;
}