MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TinyMCE for the editor ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I really don't care about the chosen editor, so long as it works well on mobile. SCEditor currently does not.
Added 2 more editor who seem to be well supported and responsive Smile
http://strawpoll.me/6600405
(2016-01-21, 01:26 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't care about the chosen editor, so long as it works well on mobile. SCEditor currently does not.

SCEditor doesn't even work on PC, if you get what I mean  Wink
I'm still wondering how and why MyBB team decided to use such a garbage editor as default...
(2016-01-21, 08:41 PM)Phrenetiick Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-21, 01:26 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't care about the chosen editor, so long as it works well on mobile. SCEditor currently does not.

this is your fault...
if not work with your pc, because has issue with javascript error in your theme.
(2016-01-21, 08:45 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-21, 08:41 PM)Phrenetiick Wrote: [ -> ]

this is your fault...
if not work with your pc, because has issue with javascript error in your theme.

I guess you didn't get what I meant... I was just playing around with Euan's words. I was trying to say that SCEditor is just garbage, but in a different way
(2016-01-21, 08:45 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-21, 08:41 PM)Phrenetiick Wrote: [ -> ]SCEditor doesn't even work on PC, if you get what I mean  Wink

this is your fault...

I'm pretty sure Phrenetiick was joking. I believe he was trying to say that SCEditor is simply the cancer of MyBB (it is IMO).
(2016-01-21, 08:56 PM)ressy Wrote: [ -> ]I believe he was trying to say that SCEditor is simply the cancer of MyBB (it is IMO).

Let's not exaggerate... It's bad but not that bad. It has its pros and cons.

Definitely noone can neglect these cons:
- the handling of tags is terribly annoying and better in nearly any other WYSIWYG editor, developers don't do anything to make it better (see 3rd point)
- there are other annoying bugs unfixed for a very very long time (also see 3rd point)
- it's managed by only 2 developers. The main dev is quite inactive, the other only a bit less. The development is basically stalled.
Reason why i not like other editor (ck, tiny , Redactor) :

None of work in source mode (bbcode mode) (button is inactive in source mode, or not has source mode)...
Xenforo not has source mode in old version (tiny) in new version too (redactor).
in CK buttons is inactive in source mode (bbcode mode).

Why i need use cancer, bugged mode (wysiwyg mode)? If new choice has source mode (bbcode mode) and easy insert new buttons using simple script like http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=452 so for me ok...

If not for me better replace with one simple bbcode editor like 1.6.

And if user want use cancer, bugged mode (wysiwyg mode) so use plugin to replace simple bbcode editor. Mybb team need concentrate in develop and add new features of forum, and not to give support to bugged editors (ck, tiny, sc, Wysi etc)... And for now mybb team, not able to solve practically anything about 3rd party products that mybb using in mybb 1.8, alway need wait real developer of 3rd party products to solve issue, so why mybb need repeat again same mistake of 1.8 in 2.0 to add something that all people know that has several bugs, and mybb team not able to fix?

phpBB It is smarter in this point to not add cancer, bugged mode (wysiwyg mode) editor.
The whole point of switching editors would be to find one that is less buggy than SCEditor and that is maintained consistently and reliably.

Redactor has an HTML source plugin. I'm sure it could be modified for markdown/bbcode if really needed. But if it generates GOOD source from the start, I don't see the problem with using it fully. It also functions well on mobile too, without much lag at all.

Note: Me mentioning Redactor does not in any way mean that we have plans to use it, but it has come up in discussions before and is, IMO, the strongest editor I've tested to date.
(2016-01-21, 11:42 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]The whole point of switching editors would be to find one that is less buggy than SCEditor and that is maintained consistently and reliably.

Redactor has an HTML source plugin. I'm sure it could be modified for markdown/bbcode if really needed. But if it generates GOOD source from the start, I don't see the problem with using it fully. It also functions well on mobile too, without much lag at all.

if xenforo not has bbcode mode, so is why not something to easy to made.
i will continue preferring simple, lightest, bug free bbocde editor like used in 1.6 that paid editor like redactor.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6