MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I Integrate myBB into my website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This one should be pretty easy for you experts in myBB.

I have installed the myBB forum on my site and it all went without a hitch, no problems, everything went good and now I have a new myBB blue forum at http://www.musicalhelp.org/community/index.php. I like it because it matches the colors of my site, musicalhelp.org.

I have a page made up and running for where I want to put the forum. It's at http://www.musicalhelp.org/community/counterpoint.html to take a look at my template.

Intent: I  don't want to integrate the sign up, login, etc pages to my site. I don't care if users have to register again on the forum since many will only be forum users and not site members. Many other big sites and communities do it like this too, eBay for example has a separate forum and registration for their boards.

Anyway, to put it simply, I'd like to put the entire forum application into my template page. If I could just put the forum into my template, users could register, login, etc just like it is, in the forum.

Is there a plugin or code I can put into my site forum template page to perhaps embedd the forum (rather than integrate into website operations)? Ie: the myBB forum will operate separately on it's own while being a part of my website but not integrated into the website login etc stuff.

Also, 2nd issue is the my BB forum has no leads (links) back to my site pages and I would need a way to satisfy this need. With the forum embedded into my template, my template already has the proper menu, links, etc to the site.
So if I can't embedd the forum, I'll need some way of adding a site navigation menu to it.

Man, I appreciate any input or suggestions anyone has. I'd like to get this over with and open for business.
Thanks muches!
MyBB forum uses templates system and its header & footer templates can be modified to suit the main site.
Well I used to have Vanilla Forums which had a code to paste into the desired area of the website page which placed (embedded) the entire Vanilla forum into my web page. I was hoping myBB had the same thing. It's looking more and more like I'll have to use another forum for this project since myBB only wants me to edit the forum to look like my site. Too much to edit and toy with in days of trial and error to no avail.

Unless someone posts a simple method of embedding the myBB forum into my webpage, I will find another forum to use if need be.
^ direct embedding method is not available & in general (for better safety) we do not recommend use of iframes
however if required, you may hire someone experienced to modify your MyBB forum.
Ok, I'll mark no solution as solved. Corporate oughtta love that.

while you're at it, rate this thread zero stars, or maybe five stars since it answers a million people's question.

Don't ya hate when the answer is No? Smile
well, for the new users visual integration might appear like a complex task - but it is not a tough task
we have many topics related to the integration - here is one such useful topic
Understood but that's not what I wanted to do. I was just over at Simple Machines Forums and they say the same about theirs, gotta do a bunch of crazies with the header and footer and php this and a php that creation and I'm just not getting it. Like I mentioned, don't really have inclination to make the forum look like my website. I wanted the forum a part of my website but not integrated into it's member operations. And I don't want to make the forum look like my website, it still has no site navigation for me.

I checked on Vanilla Forums again too, like I used to have, only they now charge $200 a month for theirs.

I read through and tried the procedures in that post you mentioned last (here is one such useful topic) days ago and it did not work. That post is 5 years old, is it still applicable?

everyone keeps talking like its all so simple but i'm not a php programmer.

One note, if it's all so easy, why hasn't someone made a template by now to circulate that will accomplish the task for everyone wanting it?