MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Broken Styles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

The guide here for the broken styles did not fix my problem. When we did it, we got a 500 error message by the server, and changing themes didn't work. Are we doing something wrong, or is there an alternative thing that might fix the problem?

Here is the link the forum.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
check if your Board URL and Homepage URL are correct on Admin CP -> Configuration -> General Configuration.
Hi,

We've already tried that. It was part of the solution on the docs site that I mentioned didn't work for us. Thanks anyway.
basically cache folder and its all sub-folders should be writable (CHMOD 777)
after ensuring above, navigate to global.css of the theme through admin panel, and save it without any changes
then check your forum by hard refreshing your browser (eg. CTRL + F5)
Check the folder permissions on your cache folder in your ftp and set to 777.
Hi guys,

The person i'm working with who has server access says that she has done both of those things and the tools and maintenance section shows they are all writable.

saving the global.css and refreshing[even with ctrl+f5] does not help, unfortunately. Additionally, everything displays fine in the ACP. It's just the board.
looks like css is blocked either by rewrite rules or by mod_security / suhosin
it would be better to contact your web host & ask to disable such additional security
Okay, we'll do that! Thanks for the help. I'll post again shortly stating whether it is resolved or not!

Thank you.
Hey. 

We ended up being able to fix the problem by regenerating the theme1 and theme2 folders. I'm not sure if this will be a permanent fix, but I'll hope it is and tentatively mark this as solved.