MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration error/issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We are using the following plugins:

[plugin list removed]

I applied modifications to some of them (php files), either to have them compatible with 1.8 or adapt them to our board but otherwise they were modifications to the templates mostly. I should mention that all that has been done prior to the final upgrade on january 1st and registrations were working at that time. I did install the preparser cache from the same site you mentionned and that was done two weeks ago, but uninstalled the plugin because it was conflicting with HTML in posts (which only me can use).

I will send you the query via pm.

Thanks
What's the structure of the loginname column in _users?

Looking at dispname's install function, it adds a loginname column with varchar(120)

$db->write_query('ALTER TABLE `'.$db->table_prefix.'users` ADD COLUMN `loginname` varchar(120) NOT NULL default ""');
	$db->write_query('UPDATE `'.$db->table_prefix.'users` SET loginname=username');
	$db->write_query('ALTER TABLE `'.$db->table_prefix.'users` ADD UNIQUE KEY `loginname` (`loginname`)');

Take a backup of your database.

Remove loginname as a unique key in the _users table and then try registering an account.
(2016-01-23, 09:00 PM)nth Wrote: [ -> ]Remove loginname as a unique key in the _users table and then try registering an account.

Well, that did fix the issue. Thanks for your help and dedication!
Pages: 1 2