MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Text aligning to center
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just getting things going but having a problem with text alignment when posting. It is aligning to center even though it should be left. Location is at www.praisenpray.com/forum 

I did enter a couple posts and did an edit on them to get them to the left but can't expect users to always have to edit their posts.

Thank you much, I know this forum is going to be a great experience.  Heart
what version of mybb are you using?
Version 1.8.6 I used a one click install from the web host.
try to install a different theme and see if this error still happens.
Didn't do it, but the logo and other things aligned left
i'm assuming that you tried with some of 1.8 themes here. I'm just talking about this because your current theme looks a lot like 1.4 default theme...
It was 3-4 years back when the forum was "decorated" so to speak and was never used. The old forum was upgraded to 1.8.6 so can't tell what version it was. Had problems with it for registering so just began a whole new board and decided to use the same theme. The old board was never used as is the new one. Many things came up which prevented that for a long time. I just made a post of the old board and it aligns up to the center also.

The body tag in the global css sheet has a 'text-align:center; and when I change it to left the logo and all go to the left also. Any ideas what I need to edit. I would really like to keep the design and don't have time to edit out a new one(hopefully).

If that is what I have to do, that is what I'll do though. I thank you greatly for your response.
There are two options that you can do:
Edit the CSS
OR
Edit the Post Bit Template.

Post Bit Template --> postbit
- Find this code:
<div class="post_content">
- Replace with:
<div class="post_content" style="text-align: left;">

OR

CSS
- Find this area of styling:
.post_content
- Add in this inside the { and } tags.
text-align: left;
Found the line at
<div class="post_body" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
Added the style="text-align: left;" and all is well.
Thank you so much and God bless you all.
No problem. Smile Same to you!