MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A user can signupfor two accounts with the same email address?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was browsing through the new members on my forum and found, to my surprise, two members requiring validation with different usernames but the same email address! I then checked through the list of users to find that one user has validated both of their two accounts as well with the one email address.

Is this a standard setting on MyBB? I had a look at the options regarding User registration but can't seem to find the one restricting email addresses to be only used once.

Thanks Big Grin
That's because there isn't one. If you need this in a plugin I can make it..should take about 5 minutes.
hmm wow i didnt know that was possible....it would be very nice of you to make a plugin to stop that from happening.
Hi labrocca,
Thanks for your replySmile If you could I would really appreciate it! It's not an absolutely major issue, but it does help to prevent any potential abuse of the system in the future I think (particularly from spam bots and such)

Thanks!

EDIT: p/s: des343 - I wasn't aware of it either because I had made assumptions when I shouldn't have really hehe. Hopefully MyBB will consider adding this as part of the core in the future.
Apologies for bumping the thread, but I wondered if there had been any updates at all? Thanks!
There's one for 1.1.* here http://dennistt.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=448 if Labrocca wanted to update it.
Nah I done a few plugins already for signups...it's a breeze. This is on my list todo.
Thank you Smile I'll look forward to it's release.

Thanks too to Tikitiki for the link to the plugin for the previous version - if I was better at PHP and such, I'd definitely have ago at updating it.