MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Image gallery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to set up a gallery to use as an image host for my own site, meaning all within the same domain. My issue is that I only have one sql database available to me and is being used by the forum. Is there any tricks or galleries I can still use and install> Or am I stuck using an outside image host?
try using possibly a photobucket account.....and just give direct links

sorry its not much help but im not sure how u could do it without paying to have 2 databases

maybe if u register another account u might beable to link sumthing in your forum to your other database
I'm very certain you should be able to use the same database for your gallery. The difference is that for instance, the forums have tables with the prefix
Quote:mybb_NAME OF TABLE

so they shouldn't clash with your gallery, which will have different prefixes.
e.g. Menalto's gallery2 has the prefix
Quote:g2_NAME OF TABLE

Hosts don't usually limit the size of the database so there shouldn't be a problem there Smile
I have coppermine running off the same database as mybb with a bridge...works like a charm....well with 1.1.8 anyway...
You should be able to put more things into one database, granted they use a different table prefix.

MyBB uses "mybb_" as the default table prefix. You should be able to go ahead and add more things to the same database, the only problem then after is it's all cluttered in there when you go to it via phpMyAdmin
It takes me ages to open up some databases if I use Firefox to load up phpMyAdmin... I think IE somehow works better for me there for some reason Smile