MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum user only, but show some pages to guests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

my forum is for users only, so when you visit it, you must be logged in to see any contest and you can only register with a specific code, as it its a private forum.

But i want to show a specific page to quests still, in this case the "team" page to guests. Is there a way i can give the team page a exception?
You can add define("ALLOWABLE_PAGE", 1); on top of PHP files you want to provide to people who can't view board.
Hm, that doesn't work. Guests still can not view the page.
I have added it on the top of the php page of the showteam.php file. Isn't that correct?

Screen: http://prntscr.com/9uoozr
^ try using allowable_page definition after this_script ! (edit: actually this order is not required ..)
Well, i still changed the order. It's still not working.
Seems like allowable_page isnt working.
by any chance, is showteam.php file modified ? does it include global.php ?

see also related function code segment in global.php
It hasn't been changed, its the original file.
it includes global.php. See: http://prntscr.com/9uqndd
Probably because you're using the useless ACP -> Confguration option instead of ACP -> Groups "Can't view board" permission.
Yes, that was it @destroy666. I had forced login to guests by acp settings.
However i disabled it and set guests "can't view board" and then the team page worked too.
Thanks alot!
If you add this "define("ALLOWABLE_PAGE", 1);"
on for example the staff page (plugin) php file, then the guest is able to see the index page, with board settings. (not threads, but still).

But on the showteam page, it works as it should. That means, if the guests are moving to the index, it shows them that they need to be logged in/register, so an error message.

The settings are still:
"Probably because you're using the useless ACP -> Confguration option instead of ACP -> Groups "Can't view board" permission."

Any idea why it is this way with a plugin file?
Pages: 1 2