MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I want to merge Website Toolbox to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My first board was built at websitetoolbox.com, a few years before I found MyBB.

I plan to purchase the SQL database from that first old board and merge it into my current MyBB board.

I do not see an option with the MyBB Merge software to merge an unlisted type of message board into MyBB. Because of this, I suspect that I will have to make a fresh MyBB board, and try to load/restore the Website Toolbox database into that, and then, if that works, merge the new MyBB board into my current MyBB board.

Is this idea all wrong? Is there a better way to do this? Will merging the Website Toolbox SQL database into MyBB even work?

I have merged a phpBB board into MyBB, that worked great. I have also recovered/restored MyBB databases before, but I have never tried to do what I described above.

Any helpful hints on how to go about this would be appreciated.

MACJR
I've never heard of website toolbox before however I doubt that their database structure is similar to ours so simply importing the database won't work. However you could check whether one of the systems we support has an importer for website toolbox and then import from that system to mybb.
(2016-01-26, 07:40 AM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]I've never heard of website toolbox before however I doubt that their database structure is similar to ours so simply importing the database won't work. However you could check whether one of the systems we support has an importer for website toolbox and then import from that system to mybb.

I figured it was a shot in the dark.

I guess I will have to ask Website Toolbox if they know of any forum software that might be compatible. Otherwise, I am not sure that buying a database I can't use would be such a good idea.  Wink

Thanks for the reply,

MACJR
(2016-01-26, 03:21 PM)MACJR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 07:40 AM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]I've never heard of website toolbox before however I doubt that their database structure is similar to ours so simply importing the database won't work. However you could check whether one of the systems we support has an importer for website toolbox and then import from that system to mybb.

I figured it was a shot in the dark.

I guess I will have to ask Website Toolbox if they know of any forum software that might be compatible. Otherwise, I am not sure that buying a database I can't use would be such a good idea.  Wink

Thanks for the reply,

MACJR

Did you ever figure out how to do this?  

I am looking at doing the same thing in the near future.