MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum is logging in visitors under the wrong accounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Our forums were pulling too many resources from our web host due to a faulty chat room, so the webhost put our account in a cached low-resource mode. Now every visitor to our forum gets logged in under accounts they don't own. I assume this is a cache / cookie issue of some kind. We've since upgraded our package but the migration could take some time. 

In the meantime I was able to access an admin account via my phone and put the forum into maintenance mode. Is there some way I can force all accounts to log out in order to make all users have to enter a password to log in? Or is this something that will continue to occur while we're in "cached mode"?

My tech helper isn't available (vacation), which is why I come here. Thanks!
(2016-01-26, 07:48 PM)Pyxis Wrote: [ -> ]Or is this something that will continue to occur while we're in "cached mode"?

Most likely, yes - users' sessions are getting mixed up in certain circumstances, like aggressive caching configuration.
(2016-01-26, 07:54 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 07:48 PM)Pyxis Wrote: [ -> ]Or is this something that will continue to occur while we're in "cached mode"?

Most likely, yes - users' sessions are getting mixed up in certain circumstances, like aggressive caching configuration.

That's what I'm assuming too. If that's the case is it also safe to assume it will return to normal once it's over? My main concern is that people are telling me they're logged in with moderator accounts.