MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All IP's are the Same
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On every single users' account and posts, it shows the same IP address -- 10.1.10.11. As a result, new users cannot join because they get the message that two people on the same IP have signed up already. I am running the latest version of MyBB, and was wondering if anybody is having/was having this issue before, and how they came to fix the issue at hand.

Thank you!
More information.

Shared hosting? Behind a firewall? What?
ACP > Configuration > Server and Optimization Options

Select "Yes" when asked "Scrutinize User's IP address?". Most likely the IP of your hosting as that IP isn't a person's IP.
(2016-01-26, 10:48 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]More information.

Shared hosting? Behind a firewall? What?

No, no.

(2016-01-26, 10:48 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]ACP > Configuration > Server and Optimization Options

Select "Yes" when asked "Scrutinize User's IP address?". Most likely the IP of your hosting as that IP isn't a person's IP.

Already set to Yes.
Mind sharing your forum URL?
(2016-01-26, 10:52 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]Mind sharing your forum URL?

gptrevolution.com
The IP you provided above simply doesn't link to nowhere - It's a private IP.. Are you sure this is the IP being given?
(2016-01-26, 11:09 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]The IP you provided above simply doesn't link to nowhere - It's a private IP.. Are you sure this is the IP being given?

Yes, I'm logged into the admin account and have this on the left: http://prntscr.com/9v9xq3

Also on my personal account, these are the IP's that are shown: http://prntscr.com/9v9y4h
Seeing as it's a private IP and you're not behind any firewalls, I would suggest you contact your host as it's most likely on their end. Your host will be able to assist you as I don't think this is a problem with MyBB given it's a private IP.
(2016-01-26, 11:23 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing as it's a private IP and you're not behind any firewalls, I would suggest you contact your host as it's most likely on their end.  Your host will be able to assist you as I don't think this is a problem with MyBB given it's a private IP.

What if I am my host..? =p
Pages: 1 2