MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hello !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need help making a choice here, but have concerns.  I own VBulletin and Xenforo, but...  to be honest i much prefer Mybb for my use as a casual discussion forum.

However...  MyBB would be a complete learning curve for me, and my concern is that i could expect , friendly help on this site to get me rolling when i cant figure something out and need help.   Confused
You can always expect support here as long as you stay within MyBB eligibility.
And what is that ?
(2016-01-27, 01:10 AM)Jimbo1 Wrote: [ -> ]And what is that ?

That's a ruleset you need to follow to receive support. No illegal content, keep copyright notices in tact. That's all.
Another question > is the CloudFlare Manager plugin availabe for the latest version of MyBB, that could be an issue for me, and Xenforo seems to be the only one with a workable solution.
The development of the Cloudflare Manager plugin managed by Nathan Malcom is no longer being supported by its author. You are free to use this plugin by changing the compatibility to suit MyBB 1.8's needs. Be aware that this plugin never surpassed its beta stages in the 1.6 series.
(2016-01-27, 01:38 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]The development of the Cloudflare Manager plugin managed by Nathan Malcom is no longer being supported by its author. You are free to use this plugin by changing the compatibility to suit MyBB 1.8's needs. Be aware that this plugin never surpassed its beta stages in the 1.6 series.

I'm going to try get this compatible with 1.8 tomorrow.
Well, im not a developer, and my host uses cloudflare which makes all members IP the same, this is obviously a big issue, and since MYbb cant seem to offer a useable solution, that made my decision for me. Xenforo it is.

Thanks for your input.
We do have an option which shows the individual IP's while using CloudFlare.

admin panel --> configuration --> settings --> Server and Optimization Options --> Scrutinize User's IP address? <-- select Yes
(2016-01-27, 12:27 PM)Jimbo1 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, im not a developer, and my host uses cloudflare which makes all members IP the same, this is obviously a big issue, and since MYbb cant seem to offer a useable solution, that made my decision for me.  Xenforo it is.

Thanks for your input.

As Ben C said, we already have an option for that in the core. However, that plugin that was provided just adds more functionality with Cloudflare.