MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permissions for Cache file won't change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Getting this error in FileZilla when attempting to change the permissions to 777:
Command:	SITE CHMOD 777 cache
Response:	550 CHMOD 777 cache: Permission denied

I've also tried in a different FTP, but still no luck. Any solutions? Been trying for a couple days now.
are both of your ftp's on the same host? could be some host related problem.
(2016-01-27, 03:50 AM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]are both of your ftp's on the same host? could be some host related problem.

no that's not the issue, as i had no issues changing the permissions of the files previously listed in the instructions. just the cache file.
may be CHMOD 777 is not allowed on the server. have you tried CHMOD 775 ?
(2016-01-27, 04:39 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]may be CHMOD 777 is not allowed on the server. have you tried CHMOD 775 ?

just tried, didn't work either. It's frustrating becauseĀ 
chmod 666 inc/config.php inc/settings.php

worked perfectly fine. But anything for cache won't at all.
^ it'd be better to contact the web host & ask to fix the issue
(2016-01-27, 04:50 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ it'd be better to contact the web host & ask to fix the issue

I'm hosting through Domain.com, and their customer service is just.. *sub-par* to be polite. I'll take a look at this again in the morning. Thanks for the help so far.

Alright, i've been playing around with it some more, still to no luck. Any ideas guys? Quick question also, even if i haven't gotten the file permissions for cache and inc changed, should the home page still be a 500 error? Nothing displayed at all? Cus that's what's happening.