MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Drop down nav bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im currently running out of room on my nav bar so was thinking is it possible to make a drop down menu that i can add links that dont really need to be diplayed all the time.
There's several of them here... Smile

Search: dropdown

Or it was a recent topic in template modifications.. Wink

Also MyBB Mods site has the plugins for download.. Toungue
Thanks but didn't really find what i was looking for. What i want to do is create my own if you get what i mean.

For example a link called Plazza and when you hover over it a drop down menu appears with links to other sections like the games section ect what ever i decide to put in there.
Click on the link in my sig / then "Navigation" - - Some themes have different Nav functions - - Use the Quick-Theme change in the forum index's to check out the other nav options - - It's javascript based, and you can add url's with descriptions to it... let me know if that's the sort of thing you're after and I'll make it available for you, and help you to code it if you require it Wink

Edit:

It can also be expanded in both width x height so there is no return break in the lines.. Wink

Edit 2:

I forgot to mention that in most portals and index's there is a tool-bar to the top-right, home / search etc.. If you click the big V it brings up other functions...
Just like the Navigation you have except it will appear along side the rest of the nav buttons and when you point your mouse over it a menu will drop down with options. I was planning on having to of these one called features and one called plazza.

One would go where the features button is now and the other where games is. www.tussaudtimes.co.uk
The button can be anywhere and of any size, it's only the anchor for the dropdown menu.. Wink

The dropdown is also controlled with .css and a couple of vars that set the header and the background colours. Smile

Every line can have its own color... Toungue

Mouse-over dropdown within the javascript is something I would need to look at, though it's NOT one of my favourite options. Sad

And brother!!... would I rework that portal you have.. Toungue
Whats wrong with the portal Sad how can i improve it?

If you fancy doing some changes for me then i would be very happy for you to make it better.
No it's just that I particularly like a three-tiered portal.. Wink

When I make MyBB-RV into a slightly more modified theme.. You could possibly use that as an example.

Now I've got to go and tidy a few things up.. Smile

spikescot2005 Wrote:Whats wrong with the portal Sad how can i improve it?

If you fancy doing some changes for me then i would be very happy for you to make it better.
ok thanks for your help