MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: adding custom code into index.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all,
this is maybe very silly question, but I can't see the mistake and I can't found it.

I try to write some custom code into index.php but even if I add only
echo "smt";
as a first line after copyright-website-license comment, the result is just blank page with the only text in its code:
<html><body></body></html>

Please can somebody help?
Thanks in advance.
if you want to print anything, put it in the template.

Admin CP > Templates > Modify/Delete > *template set expand* > Index Templates Expand > index
thanks for answering so quicklySmile.

I dont need to print smt. I build a site which is Mambo based. But I want use myBB for forums. Now I work on connecting both systems.
I have finished: The registration of users works only through Mambo registration (I added a section that creates entry into myBB tables). When somebody goes to forums from mambo and is logged in on mambo, automaticly is logged in to forums(using link to forum/member.php?action=do_login&username=mamboUsername&password=mamboMD5edPassword - I edited forum/member.php to be able accept MD5ed password). updating user details will work for username, password and email only through mambo, other items through forums.

What I need is: when somebody jumps directly to forum (using favorit shortcut for example), forum should tell mambo there is new user(and tell mambo to count new visit, new user visit etc.), the best way would be I think, if I could initiate "mambo" session from myBB.

Or am I completly wrong?
I wrote that the code of the blank page is
<html><body></body></html>. 
Thats shown in firefox. IE shows this page code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1250"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

Did I say something wrong or nobody really knows where the problem could be?
Any news with the mambo intergration? There is a complete mambo intergration for SMF . Maybe your or some other users can have a look at it and make one for mybb