MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving to myBB from phpBB3 Beta 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I recently installed phpBB 3.0 B6 for my board, big mistake as it seems there are no converters or anything for it yet, leaving me boxed in! Does anyone have any converters or scripts to convert stuff? Or does anyone here do conversions at a fee?
Thanks,
-Q
There is a phpbb 2.x converter (do a search), don't think there's a 3.x one yet...

You also can sign up for the merge system (beta). But you'll have to wait for that until MyBB 1.2.7 has been released.
Also note phpBB 3 is in a beta state currently and things might change once RC1 comes out. So unless you're quite knowledgeable or are able to get help you're pretty much screwed for using a beta in a live environment....
Indeed, it was a bad decision on my part, but before I realised what I'd done, everyone had signed up and started posting... so yeah I could really do with some help!
Well if your forum is still rather new I don't think many would mind starting over. But yeah, you're not going to be getting too much help any time soon.
You can sign up to the MyBB Merge System beta test. I believe we'll be loading in a new group of testers soon.