MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best Free Hosting......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all !
People here must be having websites hosted on free hositng plans..
Can anyone tel me which one is best Free hosting service provide ?
Please..
I just posted this elsewhere so here it is again Smile

ULMB.com
(There are some file type restrictions such as no .htaccess files, file size limits are only up to 2MB, 5 GB of space though and 500 GB Bandwidth. Head on over and read more about it. They've also incorporated Ads now into it, but as a popup.)

&

Ej.Am
(No file restrictions/sizes, quite a bit of space and bandwidth, but you must post ten posts in their forums to get hosting. No ads btw.)
@animal24
thanks a ton dear....Can u also tel me suppose i install my forum on a web host,then how can i transfer my forum to a new host keeping all the posts and content..
Help !!!
You must first go into phpMyAdmin on your current host and export the database of your forum. Once downloaded on your comp you can then import it to your new host Smile

There's also an option in your MyBB AdminCP about backing up the database but I've never done it that way lol Might be easier, not sure...

Go into your AdminCP and look for something like "Backup Database" or something like that near the bottom on the left side panel. Download the backup to your computer.

On your current host you should be able to do a site back up........maybe lol If you can't, then no biggie. What you really need to get is those phpMyAdmin and AdminCP backups.

On your new host upload the MyBB files and once you install MyBB, try uploading the backup you downloaded from the AdminCP on your last host onto this one on your new host. I haven't done it this way so I'm not sure if it works but it should I guess.......other wise why would they have that in there? lol

If you want, you can PM me some information on your site and I'll try and help you out with this.
thanks a ton dear...
No problem Smile

Hopefully that helps and you get your forum going again else where Smile If you have any more questions on how to do things just ask away Smile