MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Urgent: Something really screwed up by upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was trying (unsucessfully) to upgrade MyBB 1.2.1 to 1.2.6. I attempted to upload the Upload dir, but nothing happened, so I tried moving all the files from the Upload dir into the main forums. I did that, but only some files were moved, because it didn't move the ones with a name shared with 1.2.6. Now, when I view my forums, it gives me this: http://mppland.eeveeshq.com/forums

I backed up the database before doing this, but it's saved as a .gz and my ftp gives me: Unable to get the list of the contents of the Tar archive.

So... help?
Since when has the instructions told you to upload the 'Upload' folder? It says upload the the contents of the 'Upload' folder to your forum folder and run the upgrade script.

[Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

BTW, I see nothing wrong with your forums? Confused
Yes. Exactly. I realized that, and tried to fix it.

"I see nothing wrong with your forums"

Um... are you blind or something? Because it seems very obvious. If for some reason it's working for you, and not me, here's what it says.

MySQL error: 1054
Unknown column 'b.olddisplaygroup' in 'field list'
Query: SELECT u.*, f.*, b.dateline AS bandate, b.lifted AS banlifted, b.oldgroup AS banoldgroup, b.olddisplaygroup as banolddisplaygroup, b.oldadditionalgroups as banoldadditionalgroups FROM mybb_users u LEFT JOIN mybb_userfields f ON (f.ufid=u.uid) LEFT JOIN mybb_banned b ON (b.uid=u.uid) WHERE u.uid='1'

And I know what I was supposed to be doing, it's FIXING it that's the problem. I know I need to delete certain files. Which ones?
AgentChronon Wrote:Um... are you blind or something? Because it seems very obvious. If for some reason it's working for you, and not me, here's what it says.

MySQL error: 1054
Unknown column 'b.olddisplaygroup' in 'field list'
Query: SELECT u.*, f.*, b.dateline AS bandate, b.lifted AS banlifted, b.oldgroup AS banoldgroup, b.olddisplaygroup as banolddisplaygroup, b.oldadditionalgroups as banoldadditionalgroups FROM mybb_users u LEFT JOIN mybb_userfields f ON (f.ufid=u.uid) LEFT JOIN mybb_banned b ON (b.uid=u.uid) WHERE u.uid='1'

And I know what I was supposed to be doing, it's FIXING it that's the problem. I know I need to delete certain files. Which ones?

No dude. There's no need to be rude, as I'm the one helping you.

I see the forum fine. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I see nothing wrong...

Did you try clearing your cache?
Have you run the upgrade script?
He might be blind from all those colors on your site. Smile

It looks fine to me as well. Log out and see if you have the same issue..then log back in.

Also what's a URL with the error?
Cleared cache, restarted browser... still doesn't work.

Sorry about the rudeness... I'm just not in a good mood and his post didn't really help (no offense, it wasn't really his fault). It doesn't look fine to me... and it doesn't look fine to ThunderTiel:
Quote:Erm.... Chronon that isn't my email. Click my name, I figured it's easier. xD And the forums don't work. O:

So I find it kind of funny that it works for you guys. It just gets an error for me. Maybe it's your browser? I'm using Firefox.

You don't like the rainbow theme? I think it's more interesting than the green theme I had before, and I've gotten some good comments about it. I tried not to make the colors bright, that could seriously hurt your eyes, so I tried to use soft pastel colors. I don't think it's really eye-hurting, but some people have said it's a tad distracting. Oh well, it's staying for a while.
I'm using firefox and I did a force refresh on the page to make sure it was working for me.

Either way since you've upgraded have you tried running the upgrade script? This was the most common error that people have had.
Clearing out my cookies made the forum work. Weird...

And I've been doing it wrong, so I'll try doing it right, then running the upgrade script.

EDIT: The forum only works if you're not logged in. Needless to say, that's a major problem.
Tikitiki Wrote:Either way since you've upgraded have you tried running the upgrade script? This was the most common error that people have had.

AgentChronon Wrote:EDIT: The forum only works if you're not logged in. Needless to say, that's a major problem.
The good news: I upgraded to 1.2.6 successfully. =D (used upgrade.php)

The bad news: The forum STILL doesn't display correctly when logged in. This is a problem...
Pages: 1 2 3