MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO sitemap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys 

I've been trying to make a sitemap for my website with google SEO plugin and the link the plugin provides is 
(my website name.com/sitemap-index.xml) isn't that should be (my website name.com/sitemap.xml)?
so thats what im getting in my sitemap link [Image: BH6CeWH.jpg]
can you help me to fix this please im sure i missed something maybe in .htaccess file
Thanks in advance.
You can try creating with SEO yoast. Or delete and reinstall fresh version of Google xml generator.
(2016-01-30, 10:29 PM)alexendern Wrote: [ -> ]can you help me to fix this please

Fix what? It's more or less supposed to look like that. The sitemap is for search engines, not for users to look at, as such it is not styled in any way.

The only curious thing is that it only includes forums; have you disabled threads/users/etc. in the Google SEO sitemap settings, or is the forum completely new/empty?
(2016-01-31, 01:11 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-30, 10:29 PM)alexendern Wrote: [ -> ]can you help me to fix this please

Fix what? It's more or less supposed to look like that. The sitemap is for search engines, not for users to look at, as such it is not styled in any way.

The only curious thing is that it only includes forums; have you disabled threads/users/etc. in the Google SEO sitemap settings, or is the forum completely new/empty?

Yup boss i know what you mean but i made a sitemap manually and the link was mywebsite.com/sitemap.xml
and i visited the link  and it showed my all content.
so my main problem is when i add my website sitemap made by Google SEO Plugin in google webmaster tools i get nothing?
in other hand the manual sitemap works fine and i can't control what i can show and what i can't like users as example in the manual sitemap.
[Image: VTot4gV.jpg]
and this is my settings
[Image: GZ7Tn58.jpg]
And Google has permission to view those threads of yours? Try "Fetch as Googlebot" in Webmaster Tools, grab one of your threads, see if Google actually gets 200 OK and the thread content for them. The Google SEO Sitemap will only show links depending on your forum permissions.

Link to your site?
thanks a lot i really appreciate your support (frostschutz) the problem is solved it was my fault i did something wrong with .htaccess file again sorry for bother and appreciate your help guys
(2016-02-02, 12:57 AM)alexendern Wrote: [ -> ]thanks a lot i really appreciate your support (frostschutz) the problem is solved it was my fault i did something wrong with .htaccess file again sorry for bother and appreciate your help guys

what did you change