MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need admin notified when news posts appear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I configure Mybb so that the Admin is notified whenever anyone posts a new thread or reply?
i dont think there is a one click method or a plugin for this.. the only way i can think of is, you, the admin should subscribe to all forums with email/pm notification...
(2016-02-03, 06:15 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ].... the admin should subscribe to all forums with email/pm notification...

How do you do that?
go to each forum as admin and on top right you have an option "Subscribe to this forum".
(2016-02-03, 12:45 PM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]go to each forum as admin and on top right you have an option "Subscribe to this forum".

There's nothin' easy in this life.

I subscribed to all of the forums in my forum but only got 1 notification of a new post...and there have been 4 posts since then.
Please be aware that subscribing to a forum notifies you about new threads only and not new replies to existing threads...
yes! to be notified about new posts, you have to subscribe to threads too...
Ugh. This is crazy! There are over 200 threads in the forum and the admin having to go to each thread and subscribe is an example of poor design.
It was never supposed to work as global subscription (which isn't really suitable for most forums anyways), so how is it a poor design? You can request a plugin instead..