MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: editing Flatty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, i'm currently editing the flatty theme for my forum and I need some help on some stuff!

1 - where can I edit these links on my menu? 
[Image: AZ1IokH.png]

because I looked on index and header templates and didn't find it...

2- how and where can I put a blue border around users on postbit? e.g like how I had on 1 theme in 1.6 (image below)
[Image: eswsmPm.png]

3- Still on postbit, I wanted to add a dropdown menu, something like I had before! Should I just follow this tutorial and on postbit templates (around username) or should it be on some other place?
e.g. (images on the left missing)
[Image: BmaDedc.png]

4- i'm working with advanced sidebox too and some icons are missing (2 actually), where can I change the path of the images on this plugin?
[Image: FpmMg3s.png]

5 - does anyone know if labrocca tabbed menu works well on this theme? (after changing plugin compatibility to 1.8 etc etc)

6- Threads count and warning level are also missing from this theme on postbit, where can i add them back?
1. You can edit the top bar @ Template Sets » Flatty Templates » Edit Template: header_welcomeblock_x
2. This should be under global.css
3. I am no help here
4. Inspect element them to find the path toward the missing files. ( Its what I always do )
5. I couldnt get it to work, i used MyTabs as a replacement
6. PHP placeholders should be in your default theme, just copy and paste it to where you need it
(2016-02-03, 02:43 PM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, i'm currently editing the flatty theme for my forum and I need some help on some stuff!

1 - where can I edit these links on my menu? 
[Image: AZ1IokH.png]

because I looked on index and header templates and didn't find it...

2- how and where can I put a blue border around users on postbit? e.g like how I had on 1 theme in 1.6 (image below)
[Image: eswsmPm.png]

3- Still on postbit, I wanted to add a dropdown menu, something like I had before! Should I just follow this tutorial and on postbit templates (around username) or should it be on some other place?
e.g. (images on the left missing)
[Image: BmaDedc.png]

4- i'm working with advanced sidebox too and some icons are missing (2 actually), where can I change the path of the images on this plugin?
[Image: FpmMg3s.png]

5 - does anyone know if labrocca tabbed menu works well on this theme? (after changing plugin compatibility to 1.8 etc etc)

6- Threads count and warning level are also missing from this theme on postbit, where can i add them back?

1)  Admin CP  -  Templates & Styles  -  Flatty Templates  -  Header Templates  -  header_welcomeblock_member.

2)  Around users - what? Do you mean around the user avatar image?

3) 
Yes you should. What's wrong here? If the dropdown menu "isn't working" it's not the fault of the theme. Toungue Also, I don't know why an image is missing there - I mean the tutorial contains no images, just Font-Icons.

4)  Admin CP  -  Templates & Styles  -  Flatty Templates  -  Advanced Sidebox Templates  -  asb_latest_threads_gotounread  -  the jump.png icon is missing & no idea why the collapse icons are missing. I included them..

5)  No idea, but it should - just test it out, but backup your current edits before doing anything so that you can revert your changes.

6)  Admin CP  -  Templates & Styles  -  Flatty Templates  -  Post Bit Templates  -  postbit_author_user

--->

{$lang->postbit_threads} {$post['threadnum']}

{$post['replink']}{$post['profilefield']}{$post['warninglevel']}
1- got it thanks Toungue;

2 & 3 - i'm not sure if I explained myself well but those 2 images are an example of what I had years ago and that I need help to do it on flatty. I still haven't try it on flatty, so nothing is wrong there delay, because it's just an image of what I want to do it on flatty. Which template should I use on the tutorial? just postbit templates?

4- I know and i've them on my forum. they (collapse icons) show on my forum but they don't show up on those sidebars Confused.

5- Ok, I will try that out.

6- edited the template with that code and got this now:
[Image: bale8qb.png]

P.S: I undersand that those borders i've to add/edit on global.css, but i just don't know what should i place and where (i'm quite newbie when it comes to css).

Thank you for your replys Toungue
(2016-02-03, 04:57 PM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]1- got it thanks Toungue;

2 & 3 - i'm not sure if I explained myself well but those 2 images are an example of what I had years ago and that I need help to do it on flatty. I still haven't try it on flatty, so nothing is wrong there delay, because it's just an image of what I want to do it on flatty. Which template should I use on the tutorial? just postbit templates?

4- I know and i've them on my forum. they (collapse icons) show on my forum but they don't show up on those sidebars Confused.

5- Ok, I will try that out.

6- edited the template with that code and got this now:
[Image: bale8qb.png]

P.S: I undersand that those borders i've to add/edit on global.css, but i just don't know what should i place and where (i'm quite newbie when it comes to css).

Thank you for your replys Toungue

Are you using an older version of Flatty?
i fixed problem nº4, i changed the image path on advanced sidebox templates.

yea it's likely an older version i think (installed around late december). is that question related due to the postbit problem (nº 6)?
(2016-02-03, 05:47 PM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]i fixed problem nº4, i changed the image path on advanced sidebox templates.

yea it's likely an older version i think (installed around late december). is that question related due to the postbit problem (nº 6)?

Well, I have changed the Postbit-Statistics look/layout in the latest build, that's why I'm asking.

Admin CP  -  Templates & Styles  -  Flatty Templates  -  Post Bit Templates  -  postbit_author_user:

{$lang->postbit_threads}<div class="float_right">{$post['threadnum']}</div><br />
{$post['profilefield']}{$post['warninglevel']}

Admin CP  -  Templates & Styles  -  Flatty Templates  -  Post Bit Templates  -  postbit_warninglevel:

{$lang->postbit_warning_level} <a href="{$warning_link}" class="float_right">{$warning_level}</a>
got it fixed, adding </br> on postbit_reputation! Thanks anyway.

do you have any ideas for 2 & 3? an example to help me would be awesome Toungue.
(2016-02-03, 06:25 PM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]got it fixed, adding </br> on postbit_reputation! Thanks anyway.

do you have any ideas for 2 & 3? an example to help me would be awesome Toungue.

Yes I do..

2)
  Admin CP  -  Templates & Styles  -  Themes  -  Flatty  -  global.css  and find  .post.classic .post_author  (~ line 851)

And add the following code below the padding:

border: 1px solid #3498db;
border-left: 5px solid #3498db;
border-bottom-left-radius: 10px !important;

3)  How about using a plugin for that? Smile  You have to put the code somewhere next to/below {$post['profilelink']}  @  Admin CP  -  Templates & Styles  -  Templates  - Flatty Templates  -  Post Bit Templates  -  postbit_classic
before you posted here, i tried to add through postbit_classic templates... i've got this -> 
[Image: 12674170_1005707369502086_2028703379_n.j...e=56B5034F]

i wanted the 2nd border to finish under warning level but I just can't seem to get it done...

postbit_classic ( only the parts of the picture):
<div class="post_author scaleimages">
		<div class="author_information">
			<div style="border: 1px solid #3c699c; padding:2px;"><strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong><br /></div>
			</br>
			<div style="border: 1px solid #3c699c; padding:2px;">{$post['useravatar']}
			<span class="smalltext">
				{$post['usertitle']}<br />
				{$post['userstars']}
				{$post['groupimage']} 
			</span>

</div>
	</div>

<div class="author_statistics">
{$post['user_details']}
</div>

which plugin? i've never heard of a plugin that makes you a dropdown menu... i think i will follow the tutorial that i posted on my main post and i will be doing next to {$post['profilelink']} like you told me.
Pages: 1 2