MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converting from PHPBB3.0/postgresql to MyBB/postgresql
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have a rather large PHPBB 3.0 forum. We're considering whether to upgrade to PHPBB 3.1 or to move to MyBB. We use a PostgreSQL database engine. 

I've read that converting from a PostgreSQL database to MyBB isn't possible. These posts were rather dated though, 2010 or so. 

My question: can I convert a PostgreSQL based PHPBB 3.0 forum to MyBB?
^ AFAIK it is a difficult process .. please see replies here
(2016-02-03, 03:35 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ AFAIK it is a difficult process .. please see replies here

Reading the thread you've linked to (thanks!), it would require me to rewrite all MySQL specific DDL/SQL to PostgreSQL compatible DDL/SQL. That's indeed a bummer.
Most queries should use the internal db classes which are (mostly) compatible to pgsql. The few hard coded queries in functions.php are already fixed in the file I've uploaded in that thread. However there are also some more queries in the modules (mainly the select and count queries) which may throw errors but as said in that thread I can't test it atm. Making the merge system compatible with pgsql and sqlite is still a thing I'm looking at however some other things have a higher priority.