MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Strange gap on Forum top
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Just a strange one im having.

On my index page the forum displays without issue, but when you click on a link to go to a thread a strange white gap appears at the top of the page.

Any ideas?

Index

[Image: 160bktv.png]

Thread page

Naturally you cant see the white gap but it sits across the top of the green, about 30mm wide.
[Image: 2iqoi35.png]

Thanks
(2016-02-04, 12:15 PM)belgrade Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

Just a strange one im having.

On my index page the forum displays without issue, but when you click on a link to go to a thread a strange white gap appears at the top of the page.

Any ideas?

Index

[Image: 160bktv.png]

Thread page

Naturally you cant see the white gap but it sits across the top of the green, about 30mm wide.
[Image: 2iqoi35.png]

Thanks

Hi all, just a bump to see if anyone can assist with this.

Thanks
can you post here your showthread templates.
(2016-02-09, 08:50 PM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]can you post here your showthread templates.

?
what do you use {$codebutquickedt} for? it's above the header.
(2016-02-09, 09:23 PM)Blackbeard Wrote: [ -> ]what do you use {$codebutquickedt} for? it's above the header.

No idea TBH, but I just tired deleting it but it made no difference.
what plugins are you using?
you have to check your css file. I think there is the issue, but I cannot confirm that without url and more info.

EDIT:
maybe check for #logo in global css and remove padding
I have this issue all it takes is to delete
"
<title>{$thread['subject']}</title>
"

and then the white bar should dissapear. Its also documented in the readme of the MySEO plugin
Hi all, thanks for your help.

Tried various the various things you all mentioned but with no luck.

I then tried switching off each plugin, and eventually discovered it was a plugin that was causing the issue.

The plugin is (At Home Polls (2.2) is causing the issue. For some reason its ok on the index page but creates the white bar on the posts pages.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.