MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fatal Error After Upgrade To 1.8.6 - Games Plugin Problem(?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT: I figured out the problem. There were a lot of incompatible plugins and others that don't play well with 1.8.6. I removed them from the inc/plugins directory and now everything's back to normal.

I just upgraded 4 MyBB boards. I have a Games Section on all 4.

2 were upgraded from 1.6.13 to 1.8.6.
2 were upgraded from 1.8.4 to 1.8.6.

I disabled the plugins on all 4 boards from the General Configuration before upgrading. I also took the boards off-line before I started the upgrades.

The loading time for all 4 boards are fine.
The loading time for the Admin CP on all 4 boards have slowed to a snail's crawl.

When I try to log into the Admin CP on the boards upgraded from 1.6.13, I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method pluginSystem::run_hooks_by_ref() in /xxxxxx/xxxxx/public_html/xxxx/forum/admin/modules/games/module_meta.php on line 50

Of course, I'm not able to log into the Admin CP.

When I try to login to the Admin CP on the boards upgraded from 1.8.4, after a long delay, login is successful. Navigation around the CP is very slow. I navigated to the General Configuration to turn the Plugins back on, and they were already back on. I navigated to the Plugins section, it is empty even though I have plugins installed, including the Game plugiin which does work when I try to play the games on the board.

If I turn the plugins off in the General Configuration, the loading time returned to normal, loading time went back to a snail's pace when I turn them back on.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I'm guessing the problem is with the Game plugin. Is there a way I can go into the MyBB files on the server and turn off or manually uninstall the Game plugin?

Thanks in advance.