MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO SQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever i try to activate Google SEO plug in on my forum i get this message:

[Image: 213c8d3dfb0d02ea591974cbd550a0b9.png]

fist of all i would like to know what causes this error. on a different forum i was able to activate it but when you try to navigate through the forums links it would now show up the respectful web site for the link.
What does the plugins page actually show? Is it "Install & Activate" or just "Activate"?

It's a very odd error since the existence of the google_seo table is what the plugin takes as installed condition. Unless something very odd is happening, it's the impossible case of activate() being called while the table doesn't exist.

Also you're the first to report this when the install/activate process hasn't been changed for a very long time.

Are you using a database other than MySQL?
(2016-02-06, 10:52 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]What does the plugins page actually show? Is it "Install & Activate" or just "Activate"?

It's a very odd error since the existence of the google_seo table is what the plugin takes as installed condition. Unless something very odd is happening, it's the impossible case of activate() being called while the table doesn't exist.

Also you're the first to report this when the install/activate process hasn't been changed for a very long time.

Are you using a database other than MySQL?

it is already installed... and as far as I know I'm only using mysql-server ubuntu
[Image: 11041be0c2a53bb66cad2e99a111cbfb.png]
First of all you can delete the inc/plugins/hello_pl.php file, it's only for developers.

As for Google SEO, it claims to be version 1.8 which does not exist so... unless you edited it yourself I assume you downloaded it from a strange place. You should download it here https://github.com/frostschutz/MyBB-Google-SEO

If that doesn't fix your issue, there's something strange going on in your forum, and I have no clue either. Good luck.