MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add button pack to 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I just updated my board to 1.8.6 from 1.6.14. I've been busy rebuilding my theme the way I want it. On my old board I had a postbit button pack(posbit_edit.gif, posbit_pm.gif, posbit_quote.gif, etc...) installed that I really liked and would like to use these again on my new forum. For the life of me I can't remember how I added these when I created my 1.6 board? Can you all assist me with this? Right now my board just has the actions in plain text

[attachment=35775]

I'd like to add my button gif's to replace these.

Thank you!

Nobody? Should I be posting this in a different forum?
it would be better to install & use a theme fully compatible with MyBB 1.8.x
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes

theme installation guidance => http://community.mybb.com/thread-163256.html
The theme I used was supposedly 1.8 compatible. I have since changed my theme to another one and have all the default postbit buttons that look correct, although they are not the color(red) that I prefer(dark grey or black). Do I just have to download a new button pack to my liking and copy those to the images folder?
MyBB 1.8.x uses sprite images. that needs many changes in 1.6.x templates

upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates.
This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

you may also try this guidance => basic theme updating (1.6 - 1.8) [note: might not work well for dark themes]
I'm not using a 1.6 theme anymore. The current theme is 1.8 installed fresh. 1.6 seemed a lot simpler for changing postbit buttons. Just go find some button images you liked and overwrite them in the images folder? Is 1.8 the same? Can I go find some sprite images and overwrite as well?
post a test user account so that someone can check it

if you have a legit forum (see support eligibility)
and if you can wait few hours then you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel to check
Hi .m. you've been such a big help to me with my other issue. Since I've already granted you access to both a user and a temp admin account can you check this out for me when you get a chance? I would really like to know if i could change the color on my current postbit buttons from red to a darker color like dark grey or black. Thanks

Thank you so .m. Exactly what I was looking for!