MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Typing Lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently installed myBB on my website and have noticed that when posting threads and replies, but not quick replies, the words and letters seem to appear lagged when typing. A better explanation would be, the letters are appearing much slower than I am typing. Is there any way to fix this issue? When creating a thread, I have no other programs or internet tabs open, and it only happens on my forums.
Unfortunately this is caused by the editor that's used in 1.8 which is super slow. The only real solution is to disable it via your user control panel, though I've only ever really noticed it lagging on my iPad. Can I ask which browser and OS you are using?
(02-07-2016, 10:02 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately this is caused by the editor that's used in 1.8 which is super slow. The only real solution is to disable it via your user control panel, though I've only ever really noticed it lagging on my iPad. Can I ask which browser and OS you are using?

I am using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge.

(02-07-2016, 10:31 PM)mathhulk Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2016, 10:02 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately this is caused by the editor that's used in 1.8 which is super slow. The only real solution is to disable it via your user control panel, though I've only ever really noticed it lagging on my iPad. Can I ask which browser and OS you are using?

I am using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge.

And how exactly would I disable it via the control panel?

It seems to have fixed itself after setting "Put the editor in source mode by default" to true.
Yep, that's the setting I meant. I haven't had time to test Edge much, but I'll make a point to do so and see if there's an obvious cause for the slowdown.