MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Solution Found] Enhanced Account Switcher - Change Post Authot not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!
I installed the latest version of the Enhanced Account Switcher. I enabled the option for users and moderators to change a post's author (in the event of posting with the wrong account).

When I do this however, the button for the option does not appear. I had to go into the template and remove "display:none;" from the template "accountswitcher_author_button". So, there's that problem fixed, and I now have this under usernames:
[Image: f1e9596e794250e7b9e6e7f724b631bd.png]
Now that that is solved, however, I have another issue. I click on either of the two buttons (one to change the author of my posts, another to change the author as a moderator. Neither of these work. There is no popup, like there should be, and there is no movement or anything. 

When I inspect, I get all of this:
[Image: acf5caa642a82414367507ed5ab793a9.png]

Since all of these bugs are removed when I remove the buttons, I can only imagine they are the source of this. What is popupMenu? Where do I find it? Why is it broken, and how do I fix it?

Thank you very much for any help!

SOLUTION FOUND:
This is caused by JQuery. I resolved it using the solution here:

http://community.mybb.com/post-926739.html
exactly which version of the plugin you are using ? (or give its link)
version 2.0.8
run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to find
missing / changed files. focus is on missing / changed java script files.
ignore files reported from install folder & its subfolders. Also ignore reported images.
you have to replace reported java script files from MyBB source files pack of your forum's version.

And there is a new version of the plugin available here. it should be an improved version.
The only thing it returned was an image file. Does this load all things found at once, or should I let it sit for a few minutes??
it loads all files at once. and obviously reported image has nothing to do with the referred issue.
I am yet to check the plugin. what is your forum url ?
It's local, so no website like right now.

Ive downloaded the latest version, the one that you linked him. Got everything set up, and now there is just a red arrow next to the username. Nothing drops down when I click on this.

I'm also getting all of the same errors as before.

EDIT:

I removed the account switcher, and now half of the errors are still there. So, it seems that while this error was negatively affecting the add-on, the add-on itself was not the issue, just a symptom.
the plugin is working fine for me on localhost !

if you click on popup menu links do they work ?
eg. thread modes on a thread page, quick edit, open buddy list .. etc
Now that you mention it, no, they aren't. I usually disable classic mode, and quick edit, so I didn't even think to check these things.

The thread mode button does nothing.The edit button doesn't bring a drop-down, it just takes me to the full edit. There is also another error coming from thread.js, saying that "(....).editable is not a function."

Do you think that this file could be the root of the issue?
file verification tool reported that no critical files have changed / missing. so thread.js is not the cause.

which other plugins are installed ? by any chance are you using old version of shoutbox (with prototype.js)
Pages: 1 2