MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Option to set that an email address can only be used once
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With reference to this thread: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=18834 it seems that there isn't an option (by default) to allow an email address to be used once. It appears to be a fairly standard option for some other forum scripts, and I believe the main reason is to prevent abuse of account-signup?

It would be great if the developers could consider adding this as a standard to MyBB core if possible?

Thanks! Smile
I definitely approve of this
Thanks Smile Do I need to add it to a list of suggestions somewhere or is it ok to leave the post as is?
It's Okey to leave, although I suggest adding it to the ideas site (better tracking). I've got this done in the source code, just need Chris's approval before I commit.

Cheers,
Tikitiki
Thank you very much (again)! Smile I have just added it to the Ideas section here.

I hadn't realised the Ideas section was that good looking! ^^ Makes a brilliant change to e.g. 'Trac' which I find quite hard to use.
It is suprising it's not been included yet since IPs are set for restriction. One would think email addresses would be just as important. Hopefully you can get this into 1.4.
I hadn't realised that ips were set for restriction! (flick's "blindspot" strikes again!) Will go and have a look at the admin cp Smile