MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating a poll with a thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey!

Im having a slight problem when I try and add a poll...it redirects me to a blank page. I dont know which file I should try to repair. Any ideas?
Have you edited a template that might be causing this?
I'm actually having these same problems and posted a thread about it here in the installation help.

I wonder if it could be related to the 1.2.6 upgrading, I at least didn't start noticing any problems until I upgraded, but I was also switching host at the same time so I was wondering if it could be something related to that.
1.2.6 or 1.2.5 didn't have anything to do with polls.

I'd appreciate it if both of you could send me FTP details along with a long to your forum so I can test it myself

Cheers,
Tikitiki
Alright I sent the information, thanks for looking into it.
It looks like somehow your template polls_newpoll got edited and name="action" got changed to name=";action". I looked in my localhost too see if this was a bug, but I couldn't find anything with name=";action". Did you happen to edit the templates through something else other than MyBB built in Template manager?

Anyway, it's fixed for you andyvr4.
Tikitiki Wrote:It looks like somehow your template polls_newpoll got edited and name="action" got changed to name=";action". I looked in my localhost too see if this was a bug, but I couldn't find anything with name=";action". Did you happen to edit the templates through something else other than MyBB built in Template manager?

Anyway, it's fixed for you andyvr4.

Thanks a lot, I'm wondering if maybe it got screwed up when I was installing mk portal even though I didn't think that it should have messed with the templates on the actual forum.

Andy
Like all the stuff having to do with the poll templates wont work. Edit poll, show poll results, etc.

And I checked that template for that error. Ill send over ftp details in a sec Smile
Audentio your file was 0 KB. It was blank. I've re-uploaded it and it works now.
Honestly, I don't know what to say! I cant thank you enough for taking time out of your immensely busy schedule to help such a small board is mine out personally. Thank you so much Smile.