MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking strange after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just upgraded from 1.6.15 to 1.8.6 and almost everything worked fine, except the forum looks dark and strange.
Here are screenshots before and after the upgrade:

[attachment=35798] [attachment=35799]

The .css is still the same, so please tell me what can I do to get my old look back?

Thank you!
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates.
This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

or it would be better to install & use a theme fully compatible with MyBB 1.8.x
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes
As I hadn't changed any template I did revert all updated templates as written in the upgrade documentation. Perhaps this screwed up everything?

As you suggested I tried a theme fully compatible with MyBB 1.8.x and it does work!
Thanks a lot!  Smile
css related to MyBB 1.8.x also needs to be added (or style sheets should be reverted)
after reverting the templates of earlier MyBB version.