MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: copyright info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
if you wish to use all themes on 1 template this will cause the copyright info to remove but i have put a topic saying who it is copyright from
i did it to so the plugins are easier to work

here are the themes i used

Crystal Blue
GEC Gray Diamond
Glass Blue
staklo_bas
SuperTux
Windows Live Messenger

Dont get angry with me i just did it so its easier to work the plugins
What are you talking about?
I believe what he is trying to say is that he removed the copyright information, for the theme author (not the MyBB Group, though I could be wrong), from each one of those themes.

As someone who makes themes for others, I dont like it when people remove the copyright. If possible, I think you should create a banner or something for all these theme designers giving them rightful respect for their work on those themes. It isnt really fair to just delete the copyrights. I dont know about this one...
I believe what he is saying, is he installed all those themes above, and instead of each theme having their own template set (with the correct copyright installed) he edited them all to use one template set meaning the copyrights are no longer there.

As Audentio says, since I do theme work for free, I also do not like it for people to remove my copyrights. Not only is it not fair, but it breaks my download license.

I would advise you not to do this, and put the copyrights back. This goes for my two themes, SuperTux & Windows Live Messenger also.
i do understand which the copyright is inportment if i put it as its own templates it mucks up the plugins so the people know the copyright info i put it all in a topic makes it easier

so it is still copyrighted
Putting it in a topic isn't really the same :\
ethernet Wrote:i do understand which the copyright is inportment if i put it as its own templates it mucks up the plugins so the people know the copyright info i put it all in a topic makes it easier

No, putting it in a topic and REMOVING it from the templates is NOT the same.
And, to easily install the plugins, simply deactivate them and reactivate them.

As said before, put the copyrights back.
ethernet Wrote:i do understand
You do NOT understand.

ethernet Wrote:which the copyright is inportment if i put it as its own templates it mucks up the plugins
You need to follow instructions more carefully!

ethernet Wrote:so the people know the copyright info i put it all in a topic makes it easier

Believe me I have dealt with copyright issues for a long time. Having published material and being a life-time member of such an organisation I can assure you that copyright material also includes "End User Agreement".... read on....

What you do NOT understand is Copyrights aren't all the same because they come with various different "agreements" attached to the copyright.

Believe me, I recently dealt with someone who had their content forcibly removed from their site by their Web-Host because that somone violated my Copyright Agreement. (Lucky their site was not shut down, because I told the Web Host not to do that) I was satisfied with only having it (ei: in this case, the theme) removed.

Let me make this clear to you....

If the creator / designer of that Copyright theme request that the copyright notice cannot be removed from the index pages then "YOU" the "End User" must comply with that agreement, failure to comply with that "agreement" is a violation of copyright law.

- And that's that! You cannot debate it, you must comply with copyright agreements Smile
ethernet Wrote:i do understand which the copyright is important if i put it as its own templates it mucks up the plugins so the people know the copyright info i put it all in a topic makes it easier

And should you sign on at Aus-Themes looking for templates... You will immediately be BANNED... for the action you have taken.
I have a feeling he isn't coming back.
Pages: 1 2