MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: URL structure changed after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry for being pain Sad

But now 1.8.6 has made my URLs like :

http://www.nameslot.com/forum-2.html

Which is a good thing.

But in past I used to have :  http://www.nameslot.com/General-Guidelines-f-2.html

DOMAIN + Title + f + FID .html

Anyway I can make it as it was in past? Because I have 35000 pages indexed and don't want to lose them Sad
make sure you using .htaccess with default rules for 1.8.6

you wont loose indexing as search engine algorithm is smart enough
you might be using Google SEO plugin. deactivate & reactivate it
(if required change plugin compatibility) & check its rewrite rules file (eg. .htaccess file)
Thanks Smile Installed it and tried playing with it. the {url} and {id} parameters are quite headache when I want "f" and "t" for forum and thread in the {url}

But yet your answer was very helpful.

I will code some script to generate .htaccess redirects and in sometime I hope everything will be re indexed.
Google SEO will do the redirects for you. All you have to do is keep the .htaccess rewrite rules that made the old spicefuse seo form work.
Well I can generate a unique identifier for all threads and forums. That way I do get the {id} parameter to play with.

Also I can play with Unique identifier.

EX: My old url for a thread would be something like {url}-t-{id}.html

But the problem now is that it even puts "-t-" for Forums, while my forums had "-f-" seperator.

Is there anyway I can hook into this part and differentiate forums and threads?

Appreciate all help.

Thanks,

Keral.
please see uniquifier
Tried uniquifier as

{url}{separator}-t-{separator}{id}.html AS my previous URL was something like : Welcome-to-forums-t-1234.html

That one works as it should. No problems over there.

But for Forums it used to be : General-Guidelines-f-123.html

And it now becomes General-Guidelines-t-123.html Sad

That is why I was wondering if there is uniquifier code that I can edit which will put -t- for threads and -f- for forums etc Smile

Thanks.
That's not possible, and even if it was, the URLs would still be different.

If you do use Google SEO URLs, I suggest you embrace its default URL style without IDs.
Yes that is the idea as of now.

Its 2016 so I guess search engines will pick up new URLs faster. Smile

Thanks.