MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.8.6 soft delete bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I hope I'm in the right thread ?
Admin/
Enable Soft Delete for Users

if I put it to" No"
it still display's posts deleted when logged in as admin

I hope I put that OK?

Many thanks for any help
I can confirm this
You can confirm what? Since when that setting is supposed to "unhide" soft deleted posts? Please read its description.. Rejecting.
(2016-02-14, 06:25 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]You can confirm what? Since when that setting is supposed to "unhide" soft deleted posts? Please read its description.. Rejecting.

Hi
Just so I and others know.

if I put it to "Yes" if a member delete's their post
admin can see it when they login as admin
if it is set to "No" the item is deleted and admin
cannot see it when they are logged/in
At the moment if it is set to "No" admin can see it.?
if thats set to YES, then general users will have the ability to soft delete their posts... if set to NO, general users cannot soft delete their posts... however, moderators are not affected by the above setting and can still soft delete their/other's posts... and irrespective of all above, admins can still see all soft deleted posts which deleted by users/moderators...
.. and when the setting is set to No, posts deleted by normal users are permanently deleted (not available to anyone)
(2016-02-15, 10:14 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ].. and when the setting is set to No, posts deleted by normal users are permanently deleted (not available to anyone)

OK, If you are saying Noposts deleted by normal users are permanently deleted (not available to anyone)
Question: Does this include Admin?
because when it's set to "No" admin can see it?
^ if admin or moderator deletes a post (by using delete button) then that post will be soft deleted.
soft deleted posts are visible to admins & moderators
(2016-02-15, 12:55 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ if admin or moderator deletes a post (by using delete button) then that post will be soft deleted.
soft deleted posts are visible to admins & moderators

Many thanks!
Yep I Get It  Smile