MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Different Text Colour Based on Group Rights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Is it possible for each group on my board a different type colour by default? For example, i have 3 staff groups, Developer, Admin and Mod, on my board, i'd like each group to have a different default posting colour for when they make posts on my forums, to stand out.

This guide found here (scroll down to the 8th post, to be exact) is pretty much what i want doing, except instead of the background of the entire post being colored, i just want the text itself to be a different colour, is that possible using CSS (im new to mybb so i may be missing something obvious)?

Thank you.
in general, text color is controlled by the editor while posting the message.
anyway, instead of background color you have to use text color property
you can change the text color by adding ".post4 { color: #FDB5FF; }" instead of ".post4 { background: #FDB5FF; }"

rest of the guidance will remain the same a the referred thread...

Edit: delayed response Toungue
Thx guys, I will use this for my forum Smile
(2016-02-15, 04:45 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]in general, text color is controlled by the editor while posting the message.
anyway, instead of background color you have to use text color property

(2016-02-15, 04:46 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]you can change the text color by adding ".post4 { color: #FDB5FF; }" instead of ".post4 { background: #FDB5FF; }"

rest of the guidance will remain the same a the referred thread...

Edit: delayed response Toungue

Thanks both, got it to work Smile