MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYSQL problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a bit confused. I have a server already and want to run mybb on my own server. But I don't know how to incorporate MYSQL. I downloaded it onto my computer, but now what?
You should start by running the setup, and then the mysql daemon. It should work after that
Running the setup of MYSQL? I did that already.

How do I run daemon?
Any help??
Please wait 24 hours before you bump your thread, as we're not available 24/7. We'll get to you as soon as possible.

You should go to the folder where you installed MySQL, and then find mysqld.exe and run it (if your on windows double click it). It should open a command prompt, and boot MySQL properly if it's all configured.

If your looked for a more integrated solution I suggest you try xammp.

Cheers,
Tikitiki
Yeah this may not be the best place to get help on running a mysql server on windows local. I agree with Tikitiki that you should get a solution like XAMMP. It should make the process a lot easier.
Okay, I will try that, though I think you misunderstood my problem. MySQL is fully installed and working. However, there doesn't seem to be any sort of communication between that program and my usual server. In other words, when I try to the database configuration for MyBB, I add the following information:

Database host: localhost
Database username: root
Database password: xxxxxxx
Database name: aucforum

..and I get this error messages:
* Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
* Could not select the database 'aucforum'. Are you sure it exists and the specified username and password have access to it?

The username is the one that MySQL gave me, and the password is the one I created on setup. The database name is one that I created on MySQL.

Now, as for the server I usually use, when I change the username and password to the ones I use to access that, then it does log me in, but it doesn't recognize the database name.
Sorry I cannot be of more assistance, but I don't have very much knowledge when it comes to troubleshooting MySQL and Apache Applications themselves. Your guess is as good as mine, I'm afraid.