MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forgot 2-Factor Authentication code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I'm trying to reset the 2-Factor Authentication code but I don't know how to reset it and now I can't access ACP. Its really what the title says.

Forum URL is http://channelafrica.netau.net/ if needed
Quote:browse to adminoptions table of your MyBB forum database
fields are loginattempts, loginlockoutexpiry, 2fasecret, recovery_codes

you can double click on a field value to edit it

2fasecret field value & recovery_codes field value can be wiped out
loginattempts, loginlockoutexpiry can be changed to 0 (zero)
I found an easier way if anyone is confused.
(This was the only thread I found on it, and when I followed the steps above I just got a mysql error on login)

Step 1:
Open phpMyAdmin and login with your database details.

Step 2:
Select the database, so you can see things like "mybb_adminlog" and "mybb_adminoptions".

Step 3:
Click on "mybb_adminoptions"

Step 4:
Locate which line it is that has the account which uses the 2factor authenticator.
It's nice if you have an AdminCP theme that isn't widely used, because that is one of the first columns...
If not look to the far right, it will have these two columns filled in.
[Image: MboO8XG.png]
"Authsecret" and "recovery codes"

Step 5:
Click on "Edit" along the start of that line (Far left)

Step 6:
Scroll down until you hit the "Authsecret" box that has the same text in it as we saw in the above secreenshot.
[Image: zzt5l4o.png]

Step 7:
Click inside the text box, then CTRL + A and then backspace.

Step 8:
Hit "Go" on the right side, and all should be done.

If you login to ACP again and go to preferences, the 2 factor authentication should be set to "No" or "Off".
Hope this helps somebody!
(2017-04-15, 02:12 PM)lolapples Wrote: [ -> ]I found an easier way if anyone is confused.
(This was the only thread I found on it, and when I followed the steps above I just got a mysql error on login)

Step 1:
Open phpMyAdmin and login with your database details.

Step 2:
Select the database, so you can see things like "mybb_adminlog" and "mybb_adminoptions".

Step 3:
Click on "mybb_adminoptions"

Step 4:
Locate which line it is that has the account which uses the 2factor authenticator.
It's nice if you have an AdminCP theme that isn't widely used, because that is one of the first columns...
If not look to the far right, it will have these two columns filled in.
[Image: MboO8XG.png]
"Authsecret" and "recovery codes"

Step 5:
Click on "Edit" along the start of that line (Far left)

Step 6:
Scroll down until you hit the "Authsecret" box that has the same text in it as we saw in the above secreenshot.
[Image: zzt5l4o.png]

Step 7:
Click inside the text box, then CTRL + A and then backspace.

Step 8:
Hit "Go" on the right side, and all should be done.

If you login to ACP again and go to preferences, the 2 factor authentication should be set to "No" or "Off".
Hope this helps somebody!    

Mr. lolapples : You saved me Thanks!
Heart