MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem viewing user profiles in ACP and live board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a strange problem on a brand new 1.8 install...when I go to the admin panel>Users & Groups and click OPTIONS>View Profile on a user, I get this error message:

Quote:Not Found
The requested URL /wattsnet/user-2.html was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

With more testing, I see that I get the same error even on the live site when trying to view a member's profile!  What could cause this and of course, how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance!
what is your forum url ? do you have rewrite rules file (eg. .htaccess) for the SEF URLs
(2016-02-19, 12:18 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]what is your forum url ? do you have rewrite rules file (eg. .htaccess) for the SEF URLs

I did just turn on SEF URL's and that seemed to cause the problem.  Turned it back to auto detect and problem is gone!  I tried the link you gave me but it had no effect by renaming htaccess
Edit: you can ignore this

forum folder should have a file named htaccess.txt - it should be renamed as .htaccess (it has a dot at the beginning)

or if you want to disable the SEF URLs then navigate to below location and turn off it
admin panel >> configuration (settings) >> Server and Optimization Options
--> Enable search engine friendly URLs? <-- select disabled and save the settings
Ok, I renamed the .htaccess file and enabled SEF URL's but my thread titles still aren't SEF??  Profiles do still work!

ETA: Looks like SEF URL's are working but I guess I was expecting SEO URL's...how can I do that?  Is Google SEO still required for 1.8?
^ yes, Google SEO plugin is required for the SEO URLs
Good deal!  Thanks for the help!! Cool