MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: cookiedomain set incorrectly if URL includes port
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The URL to my myBB is snip.dynu.net:8080/myBB

Initially I couldn't login to the admin account I created during install, every time I tried to login with the correct username and password, after redirecting me back to the page I came from I would still be logged in as Guest. 

I had to change $settings['cookiedomain'] in irc\settings.php from '.snip.dynu.net:8080' to '.snip.dynu.net' and then it worked. Apparently cookie domains don't designate port numbers, as mentioned at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16121...t-specific .

Naturally I had to do a bit of research before I knew this was what I had to do,  so it would really be good if myBB knew how to do the correct thing straight from the box.

If you're wondering why I don't just use Port 80, my At&T U-Verse router informs me when I try to forward Port 80 that it could mess up the transmission of television data. We don't currently get television through U-Verse, but if we ever do and it doesn't work that could be a headache to troubleshoot. And then when it's discovered that it was my fault my dad would get mad at me and never let me change anything in the router again. =P

So there are valid reasons people might want to use non-standard port numbers, you never know. ;P
oh ok thanks, looks like it's already been fixed and will the fix will come out in 1.8.7.