MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ACP forum management permission broke on reuse...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently using 1.8.6 (1806) and honestly I don't know if it was from an update or not, if there is a way to check let me know and I will. Nevertheless what I can say for sure is that it was initially 1.8 or so I think.

When I want to change the permission of a forum or category by going to "ACP > Forums & Posts > Forum Management" then I select any forum or category and go to the permission tab of it and click on "Edit Permissions" of "Registered" for example.

The first time I do it, I get the right thing, see image below:
[Image: f6aTCBv.png]

The second time I do it, the window is completely broken:
[Image: 5c31Tnt.png]

And if I submit I get a blank page with the follow source code:

"<script type=\"text\/javascript\">$('#row_3').html('<td class=\"first\"><strong>Super Moderators<\/strong> <small style=\"vertical-align: middle;\">(custom)<\/small><\/td><td class=\"alt_col\" colspan=\"2\"><div class=\"quick_perm_fields\"><div class=\"enabled\"><div class=\"fields_title\"><\/div><ul id=\"fields_enabled_3\"><\/ul><\/div><div class=\"disabled\"><div class=\"fields_title\"><\/div><ul id=\"fields_disabled_3\"><li id=\"field-canview\">• View<\/li><li id=\"field-canpostthreads\">• Post Threads<\/li><li id=\"field-canpostreplys\">• Post Replies<\/li><li id=\"field-canpostpolls\">• Post Polls<\/li><\/ul><\/div><\/div><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"fields_3\" value=\"\" id=\"fields_3\" \/><\/td><td class=\"align_center\"><a href=\"index.php?module=forum-management&amp;action=permissions&amp;pid=135\" onclick=\"MyBB.popupWindow(\\'index.php?module=forum-management&action=permissions&pid=135&ajax=1\\', null, true); return false;\">Edit Permissions<\/a><\/td><td class=\"align_center last alt_col\"><a href=\"index.php?module=forum-management&amp;action=clear_permission&amp;pid=135&amp;my_post_key=removed_for_security\" onclick=\"return AdminCP.deleteConfirmation(this, \\'Are you sure you wish to clear this custom permission?\\')\">Clear Custom Permissions<\/a><\/td>'); QuickPermEditor.init(3);<\/script>"

I never edited the ACP file and as you can see I use the default theme, I did try using the Admin-Revo available for download on the resources page here but same result.

Seems to be like a jquery or css or javascript issue but I am not sure what to check for it.

If this helps, checking the source I have this:

<head profile="http://gmpg.org/xfn/1">
 <title>Forum Management</title>
<meta name="author" content="MyBB Group" />
<meta name="copyright" content="Copyright 2016 MyBB Group." />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles/default/main.css?ver=1804" type="text/css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles/default/modal.css" type="text/css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles/default/forum.css" type="text/css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="../jscripts/jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../jscripts/jquery.plugins.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../jscripts/general.js?ver=1806"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="./jscripts/admincp.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="./jscripts/tabs.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="jscripts/jqueryui/css/redmond/jquery-ui.min.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="jscripts/jqueryui/css/redmond/jquery-ui.structure.min.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="jscripts/jqueryui/css/redmond/jquery-ui.theme.min.css" />
<script src="jscripts/jqueryui/js/jquery-ui.min.js?ver=1804"></script>
 <style type="text/css">.popup_button { display: none; } </style>
 <script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
 document.write('<style type="text/css">.popup_button { display: inline; } .popup_menu { display: none; }<\/style>');
//]]>
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
var loading_text = 'Loading<br />Please wait...';
var cookieDomain = '.mydomain.com';
var cookiePath = '/forum/admin/';
var cookiePrefix = '';
var imagepath = '../images';

lang.unknown_error = "An unknown error has occurred.";
lang.saved = "Saved";
//]]>
</script>
<script src="jscripts/quick_perm_editor.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
</head>
I've got this problem too
It happened when you want to change multiple groups permission at the same time
The only solution i found is that you change a group permission, save, then change another
Good luck
You don't even need to change a group, so long as you open and close that modal once, it will bug out and fail for any subsequent actions.

I would like to solve that issue but honestly I have no idea what to look for.
bump !
It's a known issue and the fix will be included in 1.8.7: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2199
Thank you very much for clearing that up...

EDIT:

just tested it working like a charm now, thanks...