MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't upload .png image as avatar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what can cause this?
Please provide more details. What error are you receiving? What resolution/filesize is the image you're trying to upload? My first guess is that it's too big.
(2016-02-22, 12:10 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]Please provide more details. What error are you receiving? What resolution/filesize is the image you're trying to upload? My first guess is that it's too big.
No thats not it.
It says [translated]: Upload failed, please choose a proper file and retry.
I tried few different png's, they all failed.
What resolution/filesize is the image you're trying to upload?
(2016-02-22, 12:27 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]What resolution/filesize is the image you're trying to upload?
I tried large, medium and small resolutions and mostly small filesize. btw Jpg works fine.
Please answer my question with the exact resolution. What resolution/filesize is the image you're trying to upload?
(2016-02-22, 01:31 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]Please answer my question with the exact resolution. What resolution/filesize is the image you're trying to upload?
298x168
13kb
sigh...
You're not giving enough details for someone to help with. Please provide a link to your forum and the avatar that you're trying to upload as an attachment here.
(2016-02-24, 12:17 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]You're not giving enough details for someone to help with. Please provide a link to your forum and the avatar that you're trying to upload as an attachment here.

I tried to attach the png here but I got the same error.
It appears that the images I tried to upload were corrupt...as it was orignally jpg format, and someone changed the format to png in an improper way.

damn..thank you for the patience dude.