MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: selling domain names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So who do you prefer to sell your names through. Normally I've had pretty good luck through go-daddy. I tried Sedo recently and never seen such terrible no answer customer service and this sale is taking forever to process. I have a few big names so anyone had any luck anywhere else than these 2 mentioned?

Regards
I have used eBay to sell some very valuable domain names and I have had no problem with them. Their user base is larger than Sedo's and GoDaddys, so finding a potential customer is relatively easy. Also, the fees are lowest of the all of them.
WOW, this is surprising to hear. I read an online journal called the Domain Name Journal. I never see E-Bay sold names on there. At least I don't ever remember seeing one anyhow. Now I'll have to go back and look at this weeks sales and see. Smile

Very good. Thanks Kodaks.
I have never sold a domain... I usually give them away or trade.
I am an active domainer. I buy and sell domains on a nearly daily basis. Ebay is a terrible place to sell or buy domains.
labrocca Wrote:I am an active domainer.  I buy and sell domains on a nearly daily basis.  Ebay is a terrible place to sell or buy domains.

Where would someone start then? I have a few that I really need to unload.
You have a variety of choices.

Sedo (wait for offers)
Sedo or Afternic Auction (you might get lucky)
forums.digitalpoint.com
namepros.com (free)
sitepoint.com (charges for listing)
domainstate.com (free)
webhostingtalk.com (free but read their rules)
dnforum.com (fee for membership to sell but worth it for premium names)

There is a nice small list to work with. I suggest namepros and DP to start. What are the names btw?
Mostly Wii related domains that I picked up in a frenzy when the name change was released:

mywiizone.com
networknintendo.com
nintendosphere.com
thewiiforum.net
wiiiiw.com
wiilearn.com
wiilease.com
wiimatch.net
wiisaved.com
wiisavedgames.com

I also have wiiclans.com, wiifriendcode.com, and wiiporter.com, but I was planning on developing those (unless they would bring a very high amount of course!)

Anything good in there?
Low value names but you might give it a shot as a group.
labrocca Wrote:I am an active domainer. I buy and sell domains on a nearly daily basis. Ebay is a terrible place to sell or buy domains.
I agree that eBay is not the greatest place if you sell a LOT of domains, but I have had no problem with them when I sell maybe 1 or 2 a month. I have used Sedo before, and I always make more money selling on eBay instead.
Pages: 1 2