MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Page not found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed MyBB via godaddy/control panel. 

I set it all up then tried to view the forum. When I did, it took me to my website with a "page not found" error message

http://iimc-connect.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5

I deleted the forum and adding my own hoping that would solve the issue. I got the same error. 

I don't know what else to do

Dan
I think the htaccess of your Wordpress is affecting your forum since your forum folder is in the wordpress root directory.

You may need to add something like this to tell Apache to pass the requests through. Somebody may have a better way to handle it. My htaccess experience is limited.
RewriteRule ^Forum/(.*)$ Forum/$1 [L,QSA,NC]
My experience is extremely limited on all of it. I have no idea what you are talking about lol.
I'm assuming I would need to place this text into the edit portion of the WP site? Not sure where to put it...

Sorry & Thx

ok so I put the code above into the htacess file under the domain. It didnt help. I also put it into the main htaccess file (public_html) that didnt work. I then renamed that htacces file as a test and it worked. So I have an override in the main htaccess file.

Here is lines 3-6

<Files .htaccess>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>

Any suggestions?

Ps- was I suppose to modify the code above to my site name?

I have updated the info. Please look above
try adding below rule near the top of .htaccess just after Rewrite Engine On (or Rewrite Base /)
RewriteRule ^Forum(/|$) - [L] 

you can also try below rules at the bottom of .htaccess
RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^Forum(/|$) - [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ /$1 [L,R=301]
I tried both solutions in each .ataccess file:
public_html
domain
domain/forum

I tried top,bottom most every combo I could think of. no results.
Now what? Any help would be appreciated