MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cache Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok... this is getting to the point where its driving me crazy and I do not think its my browser settings. 

I am currently editing my forums. When I edit templates, then hit refresh on my browsers (I am working in both Firefox and Safari), they update just fine.... right away!

Now when I update my global.css, it takes like 15 minutes to update. Now, this is the first time ive experienced this and im about to pull what little hair I have left out...lol My thoughts are that this is a setting within MyBB. Reason I say this is bc I am working out of multiple browsers and templates update right away.

Can someone provide any information on this? I would extremely appreciate it Smile

Thanks
Your browser caches css and other resources such as jpg, png, gif, etc. If you press Ctrl+F5 instead of just F5, that should clear your browser's cache for that page before reloading.
Thanks.. Well I am on a MAC so I think the shortcut key is cmd+option+E

So you are certain its browser side?

Thanks again
Yes, I'm absolutely certain. All browsers are going to cache css. That prevents it from having to download all resources on every single page load.
Thanks for the update. I did find a setting on my website control panel where it has cache refresh time and it was set at 15 min. That is the lowest it will go. Had increments of 15 minutes.

You were right but if you do a hard refresh it still will not refresh for some reason. The 15 minute has to go by on my website server side.

Thanks for the info tho. It pointed me in the right direction.
What webhost are you using that caches files like that? You're not using CloudFlare or anything like that, are you?