MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make forum private, invite only?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I am building a new 1.8 forum for my company...it will be a private employee portal so I naturally want to have it locked up tight!  No guests, no Google browsing...invite registrations only accepted.  Question is, what do I have to do to make this happen?  I have already set it to require login to see anything but will that also stop Google from crawling the pages? 

The forum is buried in a sub directory so I'm not worried about outsiders registering, if they do, I will delete the registration.  Our company is small and I know all of the 30-40 employees so I will know who registered...

So that is what I am after...a private forum!  Thanks for any advice in advance!
You can enable moderation required to register, and disable spiders or boots.

You can set passwords or private forums by usergroup permission and this contents have to not shown to any user, only usergroup can see this. We use private forums for our staff and as far as i know this contents only are available for pur staff members and nobody else can see it.

See yah !!!
View all forums to authenticated members and enable Manual approval by Administrator from AdminCP so you can approve members that you know.