MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade 1.6 to 1.8 (Lots of plugins!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know how to technically upgrade from 1.6 to 1.8...my problem is that I have 3 1.6 forums and all 3 have a ton of plugins.  I have been building a 1.8 forum for work and I really like the new software!  Many of the plugins that I am running are included in 1.8 so my concern is upgrading and having a ton of extra crap on my server that I don't need for 1.8!   All 3 boards are fairly active so I don't want to kill them either

What is the best way to do an upgrade when you have a bunch of plugins?  I would love to start over with a fresh install and link to my existing databases but I am afraid some plugins may have adapted my database as well! 

What do you guys think?  Maybe I should just hold out until 2.0 but I will still have the same plugin conundrum!   Sad
you can deactivate each and every plugin one by one and then take database backup & upgrade
if you need plugins' settings for future reference then take database backup twice
- before deactivating plugins and after deactivating
(2016-02-23, 12:04 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can deactivate each and every plugin one by one and then take database backup & upgrade
if you need plugins' settings for future reference then take database backup twice
- before deactivating plugins and after deactivating

So, after deactivating and uninstalling each plugin, the 1.8 upgrade would make all my templates fresh so I should be able to just delete the inc/plugins files for each plugin and they would be gone with no trace?
for MyBB's stock theme you may have to revert the templates to their original status.
it would be better to install & use a new theme fully compatible with MyBB 1.8.x

MyBB 1.8.x themes available here

plugins files can be removed and can be added afresh as required