MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Permissions Settings In ACP Say I Am Not a Super Admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was adjusting Usergroups in ACP and went to Admin Permissions. Clicked my name and it said ... See Attached Picture.

And I went to my config.php and it said my User ID was a Super Administrator.

URL To My Forum: http://forum.elitediamond.net

Page: ACP.
basically that message needs to be shortened
below part needs to be removed in ~/inc/languages/english/admin/user_admin_permissions.lang.php file
<br /><br />To be able to perform this action, you need to add your user ID to the list of super administrators in inc/config.php.
The other user is super administrator. You won't be able to edit a super administrator.
(2016-02-27, 01:40 PM)nth Wrote: [ -> ]The other user is super administrator. You won't be able to edit a super administrator.
I am that super administrator that I clicked on. I was logged in as myself.
^ temporarily remove your user id from super administrators setting in config.php file so that you can edit your permissions !
It also says I'm using individual permissions not default?

And since I'm super admin shouldn't I be able to edit my own permissions. It's probably a bug?
^ it can be considered as a bug.
basically super administrator with uid 1 should be able to edit permissions of other super admins (and the self)
The reason I am concerned about this is because I want to copy the permissions from the default Administrator group and make a separate Owner group with it for myself. (That only super admins can join) but I don't want to screw up my permissions in the process and not be able to get back to the default admin group.

Or only a group that a certain User ID can join. So the default user can only join it or some way so that administrators can't join it theirselves without super admin.
A super admin will have all permissions...
So it's a bug that a super admin can't edit their own permissions. And it says I'm using individual permissions and not default. Does that mean anything.